How Before / After Care works
- Before school care is from about 7:30 to the start of school at 8:45 a.m. After school care is from 4:00 to about 5:30 p.m. Times are adjusted by family needs.
- Care is offered at both campuses. Cost is minimal: $1 every 15 minutes or $4 per hour (rounded up to 15 minute increments).
- Some families are regular users and some use it periodically. If you’re not one of our regulars, just call the office and/or drop off.
- A handbook was available at registration but it’s not online yet. It’s our initial year so we’re working out the bugs and revising.
- Children dropped off before 8:45 go to before school care because when children are on campus, they are BLH’s responsibility. Morning care ends when the doors open at 8:45. Thus, dropping off before 8:45 will incur before school care fees.
- School ends at 3:50, but care begins at 4:00. Teachers wait with children until a little after 4:00 when those still waiting, are sent to after school care. This gives about 15 minutes of flexibility for traffic. If you’re running late, just call the office to let us know. Students on campus after 4:05 will incur fees, so it’s best to call on occasions when you’re running late.
- Before / after school care was initiated to assist parents and to make Christian education accessible. BLH procedures are based on what many other schools provide for their families. The program’s mission is to offer a minimal-cost service that gives parents flexible options for nurturing, reliable before / after school care.
Feel free to contact Mike Butzow ( email@example.com 952-941-9047) if you have
questions or concerns.
Thanks for entrusting us with your precious children.