What is Scrip?
- Scrip is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase Scrip, you’re purchasing gift cards that are used just like cash. You can use Scrip to pay for everyday expenses like groceries, gas, restaurants, and other essentials.
- Scrip is a way to earn credit towards a student’s BLH tuition account.
- You can also support school programs like the libraries, science lab, and tuition assistance without paying more than you normally would!
Is Scrip only for students?
- No!! Family, friends, and church members can all buy Scrip and have their earnings go toward your student’s tuition or other school programs!
How do I enroll in the Scrip Program?
- Read through this webpage for information about Scrip.
- Print, read, and complete the BLH Scrip Agreement.
- Drop off, mail, or email the form to BLH.
- Set up your account at RaiseRight.com and/or on the RaiseRight App once you receive BLH’s account number from the Scrip Coordinator.
How do I order the gift cards?
- Using either the app or website, add gift cards to your cart. You have the option of physical cards (some of which are reloadable) or ecards, based on the retailer.
- Checkout online or in the app, paying by check, cash, bank account or credit card. If you pay by check or cash, we will send your order when the BLS school office receives your payment. If you pay by bank account or credit card, egift cards will be available to use within a few minutes!
How do I get my gift cards?
- When you order egift cards they are available within a few minutes to use right from the RaiseRight app, or you may print them and use them at the retailer or online.
- When you order physical gift cards, the Scrip coordinator will get in touch with you when they arrive at the BLS office and set up a time for you to pick them up, or they can be sent home with your student.
- Some physical gift cards have the option to ship directly to your home. You will see this when you check out, if available.
What fees are involved?
- $0 fee if you pay by check or cash to BLH.
- $0.15 fee per order if you pay directly from your bank account.
- 2.6% fee if you pay by credit card.
- $10.50 shipping fee for physical gift cards sent to BLS (we combine orders whenever possible to reduce this cost for you!).
- $0.50 per order plus $0.50 per card for physical gift cards to be sent to your house (when ship-to-home is available).
Is there an App?
- Yes! The Raiseright App is an excellent resource. You can buy and use egift cards right in the app so you always have them with you!
Can I get a refund or replacement if I lose one of the cards that I purchased through the BLH Scrip Program?
- No, Scrip is like cash. If you lose it, it’s gone.
How do I maximize my earnings?
- Have grandparents, relatives, and neighbors buy gift cards through you.
- Use Scrip before you travel for big ticket items like gas, airlines, hotels, and Airbnbs.
- Use Scrip cards as gifts for teachers, Christmas, and birthdays.
- When you are in any retailer, check to see if there is an egift card to buy and use immediately!
- Buy and use egift cards so you don’t pay shipping fees.
I have a question about the BLH Scrip Program. Who do I contact?
- Please contact the volunteer Scrip coordinator, Rachel Hansen, at email@example.com